Tuesday, April 14, 2015

This week in Baseball - All-Star style live from Tampa, FL

Well this week brings a new baseball adventure - it's going to be sweaty and it's going to be fun. This baseball adventure takes me to Tampa, FL at the Yankees Spring Training facility - the "All-Star Twins Fantasy Camp" team will be playing against other all-star fantasy camp teams. They include the Yankees, Mets, Phillies, Pirates, and the Red Sox a total of 8 teams (Yankees and Mets brought 2 teams) in all in a 5 game "pool play" and a final 6th game championship (and match ups based on divisional seeding - 2 divisions of 4 teams). Our team will be constructed of many guys who I have never played with during the Twins Fantasy Camp in January -- so a different feel indeed. The sweaty part of the adventure comes into play as the forecast shows 90 degrees all week here and it's Florida so call it humid and it will be a chore to stay cool and hydrated. We will play 2 games on Thursday & Friday and another game in the morning on Saturday. The Championship game will be played under the lights on Saturday evening. That is the goal! You can follow along via the Facebook Page - Steinbrenner Field Championship Series The "Championship Series" is interesting as it serves as a fundraiser for the Yankee Foundation - so nice to know that a portion of my player fee will be doled out into the local community. We (the players) will have full clubhouse amenities (laundry, lockers, trainers) and we even brought our favorite "Twins" massage therapist Kelly Quist (she does massage in MN check out her website - http://www.todaystouchmn.com/ and has been catering to 'real' Twins players in the past and present). I have had some conversations with my fellow teammates and we are all very pumped up to join forces and see what we can do against other fantasy camps teams. We will have a practice on Weds at 4pm - I wonder how long we will be out there as the promised 90's and muggy weather will be greeting us with a smile. I am looking forward to playing in another MLB facility and enjoying a few days of baseball and fellowship with a bunch of great guys.
Follow along with the blog and my twitter feed this week -- twitter.com/fantasycamper -- for in game updates (No Kangaroo Court as far as I know -- stick it Bert no fining me this week) and game recaps and of course general ranting.

I would love to rant about my favorite MLB team - but they are showing us that Gardy was indeed a decent manager because his Twins never started 1-6 and Paul Molitor has a tough road ahead of him -- the cool part is this putrid Twins squad will get my #BringUpBuxton hashtag trending on twitter in no time -- so do me a favor and tweet out my newly created hashtag I made up last week (it's not like I copyrighted it or anything).
Here's to a week of having walk up music before my AB's, my pale white mug on the Jumbotron, and toting my MN Twins jersey (Home and Away) for another round of baseball - um, yes, life is pretty good (Thank you wife Tanya for not vetoing this idea of mine)....

"Kramer goes to a fantasy camp. His whole life is a fantasy camp."  -- George Constanza

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

1 comment:

  1. Hey, post the comments already!!! I heard there are some awesome ones

    ReplyDelete