Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Games start tomorrow - All Star edition

The Twins will be playing two games tomorrow -- 10am and 1pm -- we will play 7 innings and for the most part it will be full rules baseball (only modification is each team will have 5 stolen base attempts and I believe no reaching home base on a passed ball/wild pitch) but otherwise we will play by all the rules (not any adjusted rules like the normal fantasy camp) -- our first game at 10am will be against the Yankees -- how fitting is that, and I was informed by our manager that I will be the leadoff hitter for this game -- holy sh!t!  Really?  Me leading off the game against the Yankees at the Yankee spring training facility wearing a Twins jersey -- get out of town!  So this guy get the honor of doing a Joe Mauer and taking the first pitch -- now I know @sorney would not agree with my idea of flat out saying I am going to take the first pitch -- but I would say with confidence (at least 90%) that is what will happen -- the only scenario where I envision me swinging would be if the pitcher does not have a dominating fastball in warm ups and he throws this pitch right down broadway and about belt high -- otherwise I will be taking.  I will keep you posted!
Our 2nd game (starting at around 1pm) will be against the Mets -- wow good times.

I will probably be live tweeting updates as I can -- we have a great group of guys and honored to get to play with them -- I will guarantee one thing - I will have a fun time this week!

Play ball!

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

1 comment: