Saturday, January 17, 2015

Just like that -- the camp is over

The camp concludes with a silent auction and live auction -- I think the final tally raised was over $30,000 which was clearly a record, many generous campers who bid on various items.

After the dinner is one the highlights of the evening when Stan Dickman announces the camp awards.  Now last year -- sorry Pro Staff -- I really think the awards were "kind of" strange.  Not that any of the winners were not worthy it just was interesting who got what award and why -- plus I probably had sour grapes....see other blog post. This year's awards were pretty much spot on!  Every camper who got an award really deserved it and many "first time" award winners which is awesome.  The camp has such a good crop of players to actually nail down these awards can be very difficult. Congrats to those who won an award tonight -- I was nominated for the Gold Glove, Cy Young, and MVP award -- so that is really, really nice - but the real award is the teammates that you get to know and the friends you made during the week.  Super week guys, can't wait to do it all again next year.

So long Papa Smurf - you will be missed my friend.

Not sure if I am going to make another post - but if you are attending Twinsfest make sure you stop by the booth and say HI to myself or Rob who will be taking care of the duties of "manning the booth".  We will look forward to seeing some of the Pro Staff at Twinsfest as well.

Find me on twitter -- @fantasycamper

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

1 comment: