Wednesday, December 19, 2012

17 days and counting down

Ok, it's about that time again -- we are 17 days away from the 2013 version of the Minnesota Twins Fantasy Camp.  It is just amazing that after the holidays I get to spend a week down in Sunny Fort Myers and play baseball with a bunch of great guys.  The camp is a virtual sell out again as we will have at least 100 campers who will be split up into 8 teams and play a round robin "regular season" then split up into two different playoff groups (Blue and Red divisions). We then play a single elimination (2 - four team brackets) playoff format which ends up in Hammond Stadium on Saturday for the Red and Blue division championships!!   I am going for four in a row (yes, championships) this year -- let's see if my luck can continue.

It has been a good couple months, the workouts are going well and every week over the last 3 weeks have been getting in some hitting and pitching at Extra Innings with a couple of other campers.  You always have to knock off the rust as the summer baseball season ends in late August.

We will again be updating this blog on a daily basis (potentially up to two times per day) I have been brainstorming on what to add this year and have been kicking around the idea of doing a quick video blog update as well.  I am going to see who my pro staff coaches are this year and see if they would be a part of the video blog -- it would definitely make it more interesting.....

I will be joined this year by a long time college friend -- "Cheeley" -- so him and I will be featured as the campers in the blog.  Just remember I use this as a venue of "fun" and to more or less diary my adventures at the camp!   I enjoy any feedback from my readers -- feel free to direct tweet me @fantasycamper or send along an email to bennep@hotmail.com -- I hope to make you laugh a bit, potentially envy me a bit, but mostly to take a few moments of your day to follow this camper along a fun journey playing baseball!!

--Paul

"Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier. The cigars taste better. The trees are greener." - Billy Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment