Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday morning thoughts

Well it is a usual friday morning -- I am up early, I am always amazed at how little sleep I get when I am at camp - my mind is ready to be playing baseball so sleep is like a treasure - I generally only get 5 (maybe 6) hours of decent sleep, so instead of just laying in bed wishing I was sleeping more I just get up and write a blog post -- so here I am.

Let's do a little recap -- if my unofficial standings are true I was fairly ok in my 'bold' predictions -- my comments were pretty good I missed on 38 special & Sleepers (they flip flopped) - 38's ran into pitching problems and finished up 3-4, but the Sleepers were 4-1 at one point.  Yo Julio's led by a deep veteran bunch and good rookies are all around the best team in camp with lots of balance I give them the nod in their matchup against the Sleepers.   The best matchup will be the BSer's led by Dave Hinnenkamp vs the Warriors and Lance Anderson -- this game will probably be a one run game.  I am going to lean Warriors but this could go either way.

I had our team in the top four -- but I was not that off since we finished 4-3.  I really felt the teams were as even as you can get them when they were announced and that played out with a lot of parity.  The bottom four teams are still good teams - the C.S. Stingers are one of the best 2-5 teams I have seen at camp so I am glad we are not matched up against them today.  We play the Saggy B's and they have zero pitching which helps us a lot - but we are not a sho-in to win at all.  I will be pitching and look to shut down that lineup and I hope we can get our bats going early to help me out.  I give us a good chance and with 38 special winning 2 games on thursday they carry the momentum and win on friday as well.

The Rookie-Pro Camper game is in the afternoon, it is a real bummer that because of the construction at Hammond the rookies will not get a taste of the big league ballpark but it will still be a good time. I generally play for the Pro Staff and room the outfield but we will see how my legs are feeling after pitching this morning.

It really has been a very good week, a great group of rookies this year (not that the past years have been bad) so just another memorable great week in the books!  Let's finish it off with a win on friday!

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment