Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just a quick post....Games 5 & 6

We needed to win one game to today to clinch the number 1 seed - so we took care of business in the morning by beating "Coomdawgs" 8-1 (I think) - we lost the shutout in the 7th inning. Good game we looked good. I went 1 for 3 as I was robbed of a hit by a nice catch by the right center fielder - I thought it was going to drop in. I played SS and 1B and made a nice scoop as the SS made a short hop throw over to me.

Stats: 1 for 3, Run

Game 6 - We played "The Avengers" and they scored 3 runs in the top of the first and also 3 more run in the third and we came back with one run in the first - so they were up 6-1. We got 4 runs in the bottom of the fifth to make it 6-5. We were flat in the 2nd game so we didn't score again. We lost our first game but secured the number 1 seed in the playoffs.

I played SS, 3B, C, RCF, and pitched a scoreless 7th inning while striking out two. I went 1 for 2 at the plate.

Stats: 1 for 2
1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K's

Cumulative Hitting: 8 for 17, 5 R, 3 2B's, 5 RBI, SF, 2 BB's, 3 K's
AVG .471 OBP .526 SLG .611 OPS 1.137
Cumulative Pitching: 1-0 4.38 ERA 8 IP, 10 H, 5 R, 3 BB, 3 K, CG

We play in the Upper Division Semi Finals against the "Coomdawgs" - they will be pitching their ace on the mound - so we better have our "A" game so we can play for the Championship in Hammond Stadium on Saturday.

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment