Sunday, January 16, 2011

Awards Night - Saturday/Sunday Thoughts

The camp concludes with a final banquet and the awards. The camp website has all the info there to get:

http://www.yuratwin.com/game_results.php

Since we won the championship we had plenty of players represented for the various awards. I was the Susan Lucci of the camp last year (nominated for three different awards...no hardware) but this year I was up for the MVP and Gold Glove. I took home the Gold Glove award (Joe Mauer signed mini bronzed glove as my prize....really cool).

Many of my teammates ended up hanging outside the hotel bar at the firepit until 2am (probably more like 3am) - it was great to be with such a great group. The best part of camp is the fact that I played with 10 other guys (I knew 2 of them....) I had never met before and 6 days later I call them friends (and good friends) - we will always remember 2011 as the year we were crowned champions! One of my teammates will be a father next month (reality should set it real quick for him) - He will be a great dad and I am sure he will sneak back to camp somewhere down the road. Many of my teammates will be reunited with their families...as was I. The flight home early sunday morning went great - was able to sit next to a camper (with the middle seat open - how amazing was my week??). We chatted the whole time about this and that (ok a lot of the this was baseball) and the flight was over before I knew it. The best part of the sunday story is the big hug that my son couldn't stop giving me when I walked in the door. Played some football and basketball with the little guys today - Fantasy Camp is great....but my life is something I wouldn't trade for anything at this point (well unless you add Slatts in as the player to be named later).

A lot of baseball.
A lot of players (campers).
A lot of friendships rekindled.
A lot of friendships created.
A lot of life to be thankful for.....until camp 2012 (I may post one more time....but time for bed - this little camper is really tired)

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment