Sunday, January 5, 2020

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated....Sunday is workout day

Last night we kicked off camp with a banquet and some rookies get treated to small taste of what the week will look like. The 30 rookies (impressive in numbers....) each had a chance to intro themselves with a wide array of hometowns, stories, heights and weights. I would say from first glance could be one of the younger rookie classes of late as a fair amount of "under 50" guys (no females in this class) - which will be needed for the smaller rosters for this year's edition. These rookies are telling stories early -- I asked Rookie Matt where he is going to be writing his blog so I can follow (I am generally interested in reading others' experiences) and he corrected himself that he is just doing facebook updates -- so I guess I don't need to worry about another blog happening -- they have no clue what this entails anyway. In fact at registration I was accosted by 2 "female" campers noting that in my blog I mention 125 guys -- when indeed its like 117 guys and 4 girls (but can I type girls, or it is gals, females, dames.....I am getting confused). I suppose I should have gone to sensitivity training before putting this out there -- don't want to offend anyone!! But it was good to see Tracey and Staci back at camp this year! Actually all kidding aside....today is a fun day, we will call it out workout day. We get to find our lockers in the clubhouse, get our gear all organized, and throw on that Twins uniform and at least look the part of a ballplayer. Today is a great day for a rookie, that first time walking into the clubhouse, finding your locked, seeing your name on the back of a Twins jersey - a fun experience. Live batting practice, shagging balls, and doing some pitching will be a part of the agenda.

The weather is going to be on the chilly side today -- staring in the mid 40's -- should be in the 60's by the time the rookies take the field for some "try outs" -- they will be watched closely by the Twins Camp Pro Staff as they get ready to draft the teams this evening.

I will try my best to get the Pro Staff pairings up here on the site or at least a picture of the "roster" - should be fun to see who is running the team I will play for this week.

As always -- the goal of the week is to stay healthy -- so praying for no injuries today (but they happen....)

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment