Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday -- it's all winding down - Round Robin Play ended today - Final Standings (unofficial)

We finish off the week of round robin play with 2 more games today - it was quite humid in the morning again and warmed up to about 80 degrees - a nice breeze out there made it feel manageable but the morning game was "sticky" -- my towel I had on the fence was extremely helpful.

Morning Game - make it short -- this was a completely ugly game -- we won 18-10 but took too long, too many walks, even the umpire called for a trainer!! I have been having a pretty decent camp hitting and continued that pace by going 2 for 2 and a bases loaded triple to help us get by the pesky "Last Call" team (which is not a very good team)

Moving on to the afternoon game - we played the undefeated ReLoads.  By courtesy of our poor pitching/defense we needed to beat them by more than 8 runs to secure a #1 seed -- well we got close we beat them 5-0 - we got 5 runs in the bottom of the first inning and that was it -- no more scoring. I capped my day by going 1 for 1 and a walk and finished the camp a sizzling 11 for 15 (now mind you had about 4 hits which were texas leaguers, bleeders, found the right spot.....etc etc) -- but I will take the .733 batting average. This week is by far my best week at the dish. Usually hitting around .450 or so -- this week I was pretty focused and not tired most times I was up at the plate.

UnOfficial Final Standings --

1) ReLoads   6-1
2) Ex-Terminators  6-1
3) OverAchievers  4-3
4) Dilly Dilly's  3-4

5) On the Rox   3-4
6) Belly Ups    2-5
7) Lombo Stingers  2-5
8) Last Call  2-5

Friday's games will be Semifinals -- 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 for the "Blue" Championship bracket and the 5 vs 8, 6 vs 7 for the "Red" Championship brackets.  Winners move on and play a single game for all the marbles in Hammond Stadium on Saturday.  Should be a fun - generally these games are close and very competitive -- I hope we come out with an edge and fire.

I do think I am going to quit with my predictions -- I again had 4 right and 4 wrong -- so a monkey could have did just as well - I totally missed the ReLoads -- I am actually surprised they went 6-1, the offensive machine is not there - we pitched 4 different pitchers today and held them to 0 runs -- they had chances to score but overall that is a clear weakness - they have 3 very good pitchers....but used 2 of them today so they more or less just have 1 available tomorrow - so we will see how they fare.

Our team is in good shape a couple injuries might slow down a couple key spots but we feel good about our chances and hope we catch a couple breaks along the way.
















Viola giving us some instructions!

-PB

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment