Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sunday - it's getting the body warmed up day

So we get out on the field a bit today - we do some infield/outfield and hit the cages a bit.  Mickey Hatcher threw some BP to me and I got a couple good cuts in there - felt good to swing the bat. It was low 60's and a bit breezy. We got through the session with no injuries which is the big time key - stay healthy.

The rookie campers play in shortened games this afternoon - the Pro Staff are carefully taking notes and evaluating the talent (or lack of) as they will draft teams this afternoon -- the Pro Staff coaching pairing are as follows:

Kent Hrbek & Tim Laudner
Bill Campbell & Steve Braun
Rick & Aguilera & Phil Roof
Steve Lombardozzi, Lee Stange & Tommy Watkins
Frank Viola & Jeff Reardon
Gene Larkin, Scott Erickson, & Milt Cuyler
Mickey Hatcher, Juan Berenguer, & Gary Allenson
Al Newman, Dick Stigman, & Stu Cliburn.

Bert Blyleven is the Commissioner of the camp!

So draft begins at 4pm EST and the teams will be announced tonight (along with the goofy team names).

A new dynamic arrived this year for me - I will not have any Sampson's as my teammates this year as the first time in camp history a Sampson is not in attendance -- so my adopted family is absent.  I am a "free agent" this year and will be fun seeing who my teammates will be as over the years I knew of at least a few of them!

We will post later tonight with the team names and also my ever popular prediction column.....


~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment