Friday, January 15, 2016

Rained Out Today -- and in life you can't make everyone happy

Well climate change is upon us today and evidently since I drive a car I must be the problem -- nevertheless El Nino showed up in fine fashion and dumped at least 3-4 inches of rain today in Fort Myers -- we even had a Tornado Warning at around 11am -- (2nd one this week) -- so to say the least the 3rd rain out day in my 7 year fantasy camp career came to be -- it's really a bummer as today was slated to be the semi-finals for the 2 divisions of play and this afternoon the rookies vs. Pro Staff -- I was fully prepared to pack my things today with the idea that the top 4 teams would square off for each championship for Saturday but instead this is how Saturday's lineup is going to go --

Blue Division -- Seeding as follows 1) Hello Newman  2) Wildcats  3) SQL's  4) Gotcha's

Red Division - Seeds  5) HrSamSki's  6) Walking Dead 7) 3 Amigos  8) All Niters

The top 2 seeds in each division face each other -- not the top 4 seeds in the camp.

9:00 AM Red Division game - HrSamSki's vs Walking Dead
1:30 PM Blue Division game - Hello Newman vs Wildcats

So we basically backed into the playoffs - which I am very grateful we get one more game - but I do realize the #3/#4 seeds both won 2 games on Thursday -- which is great as they moved up to the upper division and then not able to play into the championship - but in life it is hard to make everyone happy - I was hoping the camp would consider doing a shortened 5 inning (90 time limit game) "play in" game in the morning and then have concurrent championship games in the afternoon -- not a great option but one everyone would have been somewhat happy -- but I don't do logistics here or camp nor deem myself an expert -- the weather Gods decided to play tricks on the camp schedule and have to take the hand we are dealt with.

I will get the call on the mound tomorrow, I will be facing a studly 30 year Ben Kepple - so it should be a real good matchup - we beat this team 9-2 earlier in the week, but that game was basically given to us on a platter - we will hope for another buffet platter from them, but thinking it will be a much lower scoring game - the other question to be answered -- will the game be played in Hammond Stadium or just one of the other fields?   We shall find out.

The game will be a 9AM EST start (8AM Central time) and be streaming live on http://www.msbnsports.net/ as well as the 1:30 PM Blue Championship game.

Time to get the hot tub - need to get loose for tomorrow.  Kangaroo Court this evening -- I will apologize for the lack of photos this year on the blog - I somehow forgot my digital camera (must be on my desk) and thus have not taken any photos and since I dislike my phone to take a lot of photos I have not gotten that going much - most of the pictures have been posted on my twitter feed -- twitter.com/fantasycamper -- so visit that for some pictures (not many).

We will see you tomorrow night!

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment