Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday throwing....

One thing I despise about living in an hotel for the week is the complete lack of sleep I generally get -- I can basically only sleep 5 hours -- I generally just wake up after sleeping for 5 hours -- the last two evenings have been exactly the same -- bed at 11am, sleeping at 11:05 (or close) and up at 4am.  So I toss and turn for a bit and eventually give in and get up.   Better than just laying there doing nothing.  Maybe I will try to get some rest after this post.

I will be pitching today and man do I hope I can throw as well as I did on Tuesday.  Pitching is a lot of fun but a part of me does not want to be a part of getting "shelled" out there.  It is not like I am playing for a contract or anything, just throwing strikes and having fun.  No pressure....but it seems like I put at least a little pressure on myself.  I would also like to get my swing back -- I have been a little jumpy (anxious) at the plate, need to relax take an easy swing and let the barrel of the bat find the ball --- a seemingly easy thing to do -- the last two games it has escaped me.

The other goal today is to get some decent pictures with a couple of the Pro Staff.  I have been lazy (or too busy) to get the normal amount of photos of usually get down here.  But with the rainout on monday this week has been a little off.  I hope most of the rookie campers don't feel "ripped off" a little because of the rainout (no golf outing) and the fact we basically miss out on one full game (we played 5 inning games instead of 7 yesterday) during the week.

One great note about the camp -- they have two video guys here (one works with the Twins) taking video of many of the games -- I made a leaping catch yesterday in one of the games and was able to see a 'replay' of it since he was able to capture the catch on video -- they will be putting together a DVD of the highlights of the week for the campers, what a nice touch for the campers to get that.  I look forward to watching it when they complete it.

We are 2-3, a disappointing spot to be in, the shining light is we have the same record as 5 other teams and as luck would have it -- we play two other 2-3 teams today -- we win two, we do one of two things -- 1) get to four wins and a probable top four seed  2)  the teams we beat today get at least a fourth loss to push them into the lower 4 grouping.....so it's a big day.   A must win position for the Canterbury Clan.

We need to get our bats going.....

Just a quick note -- if you are a Twins Fan and don't know who Aaron Gleeman is -- check out his website at aarongleeman.com, he is a Twins Blogger and does a great job writing about Twins stuff and other 'geeky' items.


~~ "I have never said most of things I have said." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment