Sunday, January 9, 2011

Drafted.....and really tired

Well the teams were announced tonight at the dinner and I get Tony Oliva as my coach again this year. He was my coach last year - so I get to look forward to broken english and some good hitting instruction this week. Erik Rasmussen is the other coach of the Pro Staff for the team I am playing with.

I don't want to make any predictions - but from the appearance of it, I think our team is pretty decent. We seemingly have depth at pitching and a couple guys who don't mind catching (the commodity positions here at camp) - well first pitch is 10:00am tomorrow and I have a headache from a short night of sleep last night and also from the little sunburn I got from the morning sessions.

I took some good pictures and video from tonight's banquet and will update the Pro Staff and team names sometime tomorrow. I sat next to Ron Coomer during the dinner and really good some great stories about Kirby Puckett, Tom Kelly, and Tony Phillips.

Hoping to get some sleep (and hoping the roommate is more quiet than last night....hehe) and ready for tomorrow doubleheader.

PB

No comments:

Post a Comment