Monday, January 14, 2019

Final Post -- Stream the Championship games online

The final post of the 2019 camp is here - so I got through another week basically injury free, legs were really feeling it walking up the jetway from the plane but otherwise was able to get through Sunday after getting on the 7am flight back home to Minneapolis.

So here is the link to watch the "Red" division championship:  https://www.meridix.com/event/145620

You can click through the game a bit, maybe just watch the 7th inning if anything!

The game was good -- I ended up hitting well 2 for 3 and pitching all 7 innings, scattering 5 hits, giving up 1 run (unearned) but ZERO walks and ended up with 7 strikeouts. I threw 90 pitches with 63 of them strikes - with the help of a nice strike zone by Mr. Ump. I will give a shoutout to my MVP Rightfielder Abby - she caught two fly balls out there today and both were big outs - the wind was blowing fiercely in from right field - so for her to track those flyballs was a big help and my SS/3B combo played very well as I was able to get a fair amount of ground balls to the left side.

My man Mark got an important hit as a part of a rally in the 5th inning - so a great game all around by basically the entire lineup. Camp MVP Ryan Hess was a big part of the week along with his best friend Dave Prybilla, who basically smothered everything in the field and made a great play in the first inning by tagging out a runner who was wondering off of 2nd base to get us a huge out early in the game.

Mark Westphal and I after the game -- #1

Hammond Stadium Post Game Scoreboard (kinda blurry)

The Blue Division championship was fun for me as I was able to "finally" get into the broadcast booth and do a part of the game/color commentary (unintentional comedy) - I really had a great time up there with the headphones on and the mic. It was definitely harder than I thought and you really need to be quick with your words - I hope I don't get highlighted in the "Awful Announcing" website anytime soon - you can see that game at:
https://www.meridix.com/event/145627

I found the booth about the 2nd inning and stayed in there until the 5th inning and if Nick will have me again in the future -- would love to visit again and hone those skills. In High school I did have dreams of being a broadcaster -- but I will be honest, I mumble a bit and my voice (IMO) is not a great broadcaster tone -- but I listened to it and I will give myself a solid B for my first time.

The games are features on the Walshmedia.Net website -- or simply search for them by typing Twins Fantasy Camp.

Until next year folks......


~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment